It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Adding Photos to gallery
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2021, 17:34 
BDCA Member

Hi All

I've scanned the circa 80 photos we received amongst the documentation that was with Crane 14 - lots of photos of the 75T cranes being built. How do I go about adding them to the gallery?

Thanks

Dave

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2021, 09:11 
Site Admin

Hello Dave,

Those photos will be a highly valued addition to the Gallery. Thanks very much for offering them.

The Gallery has no direct image-uploading facility. Images are sent to me and I act as uploader.

However, and most unfortunately, the Gallery software relies on Adobe Flash which is no longer offered, and the software is no longer supported! An alternative is being investigated by one of our more capable members and an answer is in sight.

Pending that solution, please would you be kind enough to send me the images as email attachments. I'll then hold them (and of course delight in studying them!) for uploading as soon as the Gallery hitch is resolved. I've sent you a reminder of my email address.

Thanks again,
David.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2021, 08:59 
Site Admin

Thank you so much for the photos now received. An impressive and interesting collection!

Cowans Sheldon's photos of a 75t crane under construction demonstrate the immense task of building these machines.

The ultimate photo of Stephenson's Rocket being hoisted by 96710 without need for the outriggers to be deployed illustrates well the increase in size of railway motive power over the decades.

I look forward to uploading the photos to our Gallery in due course.