It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Introduction - Stan Bell
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2012, 22:05 
BDCA Member

Hi All,

I'm new to this world but I'm a volunteer at the Nene Valley Railway and I'm currently working on preparing our Breakdown Crane for the 2012 season. It's in pretty good nick, just passed a boiler test and there's little more to do than greasing and oiling around before setting out looking for things to fix.

I'd be really interested in anything anyone has about maintenance procedures for these machines, they've become so precious we have a huge responsibility looking after them properly.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2012, 09:40 
Site Admin

Hello Stan,

Your 'Introduction' is of particular interest to me as I was deeply involved with the NVR crane for several years until a few months ago, maintaining and driving it. I don't think we have ever met, but I am really pleased to know you via this forum!

I expect you have seen the short history of this crane at http://bdca.org.uk/mp3.html, and pictures of it in the Gallery at http://www.bdca.org.uk/gallery/index.ph ... /ADRR95207?

Hopefully I have an answer to your question about maintenance procedures. I hold a comprehensive Crane Driving, Servicing and Maintenance manual for that very crane, which I prepared several years ago with help from others including Roger Cooke in particular. As the Administrator for this forum I have the benefit of access to your email address and later today I will send you a copy of the manual as an email attachment.