It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Visit to Brighton
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2013, 10:31 
BDCA Member

Hi All

If any members are in the Brighton area on the 22nd,23rd & 24th February and want a chat, I will be at the Brighton Modelworld show at the Brighton Centre for the three days.
I will be in Auditorium 2 on stand 83 with Redruth model Railway, There will be cranes there but I cannot guarantee they will be rail mounted.
Neil I know this is your part of the world (as it was also mine) maybe I will see you at the show, last year the Bluebell had a loco out side the front of the building, and this year they have informed us that a large trailer mounted exhibit will be in the same spot, is there something you are not telling us Neil.

All the best Mick House.

Post subject: Re: Visit to Brighton
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2013, 12:59 
BDCA Member

Mick,

Will see you there this year can't say which day, there's no loco roster published for February, so
it could be loco, carriage or wagon, don't know which or if it may be coming from another site on this occasion.

Bluebell sales stand have always made an effort at the event, it must be 20 years or more since i was last there, looking foward to seeing it all.

The 2 cranes moved from Cocklebury yard at Swindon were the first I noticed where the whole crane unit fitted onto a single trailer, so I guess it's technically possible : perhaps next year LOL?

Post subject: Re: Visit to Brighton
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2013, 17:17 

Neil Cameron wrote:
<snip>

The 2 cranes moved from Cocklebury yard at Swindon were the first I noticed where the whole crane unit fitted onto a single trailer, so I guess it's technically possible

They were only moved that way because the jib pins had frozen! It wasn't planned, and I believe caused significant unexpected cost overrun on the move. Very impressive though!

Bill Parker took his 45-tonner to a steam rally not long after it returned to service, so it can be done.