It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: introducing Kevin Jarvis
PostPosted: 05 May 2019, 19:45 
BDCA Member

Hi I would like to introduce myself. I joined British Railways in 1969 as an engineering apprentice of the Liverpool Division and served my time at various depots but Allerton TMD was my home depot, and my interest in breakdown cranes started attending derailments during that time, and when I finished my apprenticeship I became a member of the Breakdown team who were short of crane drivers at that time and I became a crane driver from when I was 21, and drove RS1091 and RS1015 till it was retired from service. I went to become a Supervisor/Team Leader including Breakdown work, after EWS closed Allerton I moved to Birkenhead North TMD commissioning Class 507/508 after overhaul eventually retiring in 2015.

I have some not so great pictures of the Craven working and will try to post them.

regards Kevin Jarvis

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2019, 16:35 
BDCA Member

Hello Kevin
I'm interested to hear that you drove RS1015 when at Allerton. As you are probably aware the crane survives on the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway. It's owned by the Bahamas Locomotive Society who keep in it working order. If you ever you have the opportunity to come to our Museum/Workshop at Ingrow you'll be made very welcome. Would you be willing to be interviewed about your experiences for the Museum's audio archive?
Perhaps you could contact me, off Forum, at:
(Pete's email address deleted from post - given directly to Kevin by Admin)