It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 00:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Taylor Hubbard 81341
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2018, 18:56 
BDCA Member

Found this comment on OTP. I have no connection with this crane.

I know it's not a Breakdown crane but.
Is this crane at risk?

Sadly 81341 has seen little recent use although we have kept it in ticket. The KWVR p-way don't like it because it's "noisy and horrid" and they have a 10t Grafton steam crane they prefer to use. Only the TH can lift a 60ft rail over end with a spreader I had made, as the Grafton has a shorter jib, but that is not enough for them to support keeping it. The two of us who have looked after it are now getting past it and nobody else is interested. The options are therefore to sell it, scrap it or mothball it for possible future use. The problem is there is not really room for the latter. I would hate to see it scrapped, especially as it's in working order, although the Midland folks seem to have 81340 in good order, so the type will not be lost. Spa Valley have 81339 for sale looking not entirely healthy and with no takers. Eden Valley have done work on 81343 about which they consulted us, but I'm not sure of its condition. Any suggestions for what to do with poor old 41, a real survivor as noted in the other comments, would be very welcome.

http://www.nymr-pway.co.uk/