It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 10:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2012, 02:00 
BDCA Member

I have an 'Arrangement of Gearbox' drawing for a 5-ton steam locomotive grabbing crane, built by Joseph Booth, dated 1945 which I have no research interest in. The drawing (a photoprint) measures 50 x 35 cm and, whilst I realise that this is not a breakdown crane related item, perhaps the BDCA has a dedicated library / archive and would consider adding it to their collection. Failing this, I am happy to pass it on to any member expressing an interest.

best wishes to all

Brian

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2012, 08:52 
BDCA Member

Hi Brian

I have an interest in anything related to cranes and would be glad to take it from you and have it noted that I have got it for future reference to anybody that may want to reference it in the future, that is if the BDCA have no need for the drawing.

Regards
Mick

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2012, 09:06 
Site Admin

Mick, I think you'd provide an appropriate home for the drawing as (a) the BDCA doesn't yet have a formal library and (b) as Brian says, it is not BDC related.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2012, 09:48 
BDCA Member

Thank you for that David
If in the future bdca are thinking of setting up a library I have material that can go in to it, and I may even be able to help set it up with you.
Mick

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2012, 11:53 
Site Admin

That's a very kind offer, Mick.

Finding somewhere suitable for the material to be stored and accessed could be a problem but a solution might be for members to hang on to their own material but to post a list of what they hold and their conditions for viewing or lending.

The Members Only section of the forum could be the ideal place for such a list and I'll see what can be done as soon as I've cleared my current backlog of work.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2012, 10:54 
BDCA Member

Hello Mick, Apologies for the delayed response, but I am now in a position to send the above drawing. However, I am not aware of the protocol for exchanging e-mail or postal addresses on the Forum, perhaps David could advise.

ATB

Brian

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2012, 11:55 
Site Admin

The PM system would be the normal channel for member-to-member communication such as requesting an email or postal address. However Brian and Mick have established themselves as very responsible members so I shall send Brian's email address to Mick.

I disabled the forum's member-to-member email facility as that could provide a route for spam from outsiders. The risk would be extremely small - it would take a lot of effort by a persistent person - but the PM system precludes the need for it. You should be able to see a 'pm' button at the base of each post.