It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hornby conversion kits
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2018, 11:46 

Hi everyone.

I've started producing laser cut parts for converting the Hornby crane into a scale model with parts including scale length jib, gear covers, cab, pulleys, pulley bracing and more. The kits will be around £55 plus postage. Some parts are still in development but should hopefully be ready in around the next month or so. I'm also looking to take on commissions for people who don't want to tackle it themselves. If anyone is interested in purchasing a kit or a commission please let me know.

Thanks

Richard

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2018, 08:03 
BDCA Member

Hi Richard

It sounds like a good idea, as this maybe useful fore anyone that cannot afford to buy the new Bachmann crane.
Can you post some photos on the site to give us an idea of what is to come.

Regards Mick

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2018, 15:12 

Presumably by Hornby you mean the current (ex-Triang-) Hormby 75-ton crane, not the old Hornby-Dublo 45 ton crane?

It sounds like a very good idea and I wish you well with it. Some photos or a link to a website would be useful.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2018, 22:38 

Hi guys. Here is a link to the Facebook page.
https://m.facebook.com/railcranemodelli ... rce=result

I tried adding some pictures yesterday but couldn't manage it.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2018, 22:52 

Won't let me add any pics but feel free to check my Facebook page. Or let me know on here if you'd like a chat.

Richard

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2018, 06:21 
BDCA Member

No Roger, I was talking about those that cannot afford to buy the new Bachmann 38-800 to 803 Ransomes & Rapier 45 Ton Breakdown crane at around £212+, that is being produced as we speak, they can convert a Hornby one instead.

Richard, the photo on your link is very blurred, If you want to send some higher quality photos of the individual parts over to me, I will put them on the site for you, I am away over Easter, but could do it when I get back.

Mick

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2018, 17:25 

One of the main reasons for doing this conversion kit is due to the cost of the Bachmann model. I myself would like one of the Bachmann models but I can't justify over £200 for a model. If people are willing to accept a few compromises then this conversion kit could be ideal. I've drawn up all the components myself on 2D design and am planning the conversion. Hopefully in the next few weeks I should have a mostly complete model to show you.

Rich

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2018, 18:46 

Pictures.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2018, 16:50 

Roger Cooke wrote:
Presumably by Hornby you mean the current (ex-Triang-) Hormby 75-ton crane, not the old Hornby-Dublo 45 ton crane?

Mick House wrote:
No Roger, I was talking about those that cannot afford to buy the new Bachmann 38-800 to 803 Ransomes & Rapier 45 Ton Breakdown crane at around £212+, that is being produced as we speak, they can convert a Hornby one instead.

Mick, my question was really aimed at Richard since from his post it wasn't clear which of the two cranes that can be ascribed to "Hornby" his kit detailed (and on forums such as rmweb there is talk of kits for both).

It is however clear from the photos on his Facebook site that it is the Triang-Hornby crane, rather than the Hornby Dublo crane, that he is talking about.

Roger